Saturday, February 24, 2007

why i have been remiss

Really there are a number of reasons, all of them understandable. They are:

1. Alyson, Nicole and Rowan visited and we took in the town.
2. Because of bad weather here in New York and a poor response in general from JFK (the airport not the president), our flight to Atlanta was cancelled on Wednesday and we didn’t get to Atlanta until Thursday night. Lots of fun details about that to follow.
3. I turned in my dissertation to the graduate school and they accepted it, so I guess I am done. Unless I get a call from the dean, I am graduating in May. HOLLA.

So lets just re-cap what the next few posts will cover: aly, nick & ro, why we hated delta for a minute & finishing the diss. It will probably take at least three posts, with pictures of course. So here we go.

Actually before I launch into my time with my peeps, let me tell you quickly about making waffles. One day I noticed that Ali had a waffle maker. I love homemade waffles. Growing up my mom, and then later on in life, my dad would make a triple batch of homemade waffles and freeze them and that would be our breakfast for weeks. Now when Jes and I go to Colorado to see my sister and her family, we often make waffles. So I got the recipe from her and invited Ali over for a waffle extravaganza. Long story short, her waffle maker was for Belgian waffles, my recipe was for regular waffles, so they didn’t turn out great, but they were certainly edible. Here are some photos of Jes and Ali eating waffles. Jes has preserves on hers, Ali has peanut butter and maple syrup on hers (I know, that sounds gross, but you should try it, its pretty good).





and here is just a cute picture of the kitties-- all three of them-- on the kitty condo:



A few weeks later, my nephew Ben (read: his mom, my big sister) sent Jes and I a fancy waffle maker: Belgian on one side, heart shaped regular waffles on the other side. Can’t wait to fire that bad boy up.

ok i am going to make a new post for each new topic.
next topic:
aly, nik and ro in the big apple

1 comment:

ponyboy said...

CONGRATUFUCKINGLATIONS on finishing that ole diss. you are officially dr. donna rawkstar. woot!