Saturday, June 09, 2007

all my families at the graduation ceremony

here it is, almost a month later and i am finally posting the pictures from my graduation ceremony.
i was feeling pretty sick through most of it.
not sure if it was cramps or anxiety or what, but i really just wanted to make it across the stage without passing out or throwing up. that said, it was still incredibly moving to have all these people support and love me and at the end of ceremony i started to cry a little bit. while the fall out from the day has been pretty anti-climatic, it does feel really good to realize a life goal. ok enough of this pish posh, lets get to the pictures:

here is one of jes and i after the ceremony:



and here is one of us with jes's folks who were so gracious and generous throughout the weekend. so glad they were there:



as i was waiting for my peeps to come out of the building, i saw a woman that looked like my mom. then i realized it was my mom. she decided she wanted to see one of my graduations, so she traveled from colorado secretly to see this one. it made the day pretty tense since she hasn't really talked to me or my sister in months. my nephew was the one who really spotted her in the crowd, but after everyone left to go back home she and i got to talk a little. it wasn't happily ever after by any stretch of the imagination, but at least we both tried. here is a picture of my mom, me, kath, greg and ben:



and here is one of aly, nicole, rowan and me. how cute are they?



and of course my famillia from the west coast had to represent! here is mary, dusty and me. i am the one with the silly black dress and the HOT sneakers on:



so there is a little taste of my graduation. next up: suppa club in the atl, yall.

2 comments:

kims said...

Okay, so jes's adorable parents and the mom stuff totally choked me up. Thanks to Rowan for saving the day as she looks at your cap. Shocked? Interested? Horrified? I don't know, but it cracked my shit up! Love you and thanks for sharing the beautifil pics.

ponyboy said...

congrats dear. and that is one bigass diploma. both symbolically and literally, of course.