Sunday, June 01, 2008

a very sad day

yesterday was an incredibly draining and sad day

jes and i had to put our girl kitty emily down after a fast fight with mouth cancer
the doctors were amazing
we were hot tranny messes
the day felt like it was 50 hours long

we will miss her terribly
the two black dots on her nose
her big oven mitt paws
and the way she would sleep "in the valley" between jes and me and purr and purr and purr.

but i feel blessed to have had her in my life for 13 years and in jes's life for almost 7.

now its just me, jes, and the boys, who i have dubbed the "three fang gang" (b/c each has had a fang pulled during a teeth cleaning).

rest in peace emilina.

3 comments:

kims said...

I am so sorry. Our cat died unexpectedly three weeks ago and it is amazing how much we miss him. Emily had a great life and great mamas:) I'll be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

So sorry DJ and Jes. I know how much you loved Ms. Emily. As I tell Ben, now she's on the big bed in the sky in a sunbeam with TJ, Max, and Watson. Make's him feel better, hope it makes you feel better too. kisses and hugs Love ya. kat

Katie said...

Sorry to hear about Emily...what a beautiful kitty...