Sunday, September 28, 2008

dj bday retrospective

before i post about my amazing birthday weekend THIS YEAR...

lets take a photo walk down memory lane to see how my birthdays went for the last three years (that is how long we have had our digital camera). really what this is about is if i can tell i am aging. my friend dawn told me you don't really age from 30-33 and then from 33-35 you really age. lets see if she's right.

Ok, September 2005: we had just moved to Brooklyn and Jes and I spent my bday having a picnic on the beach at Fire Island. It was dreamy:



Then September 2006: we are still living in brooklyn but LUCKILY angie and elin got married the day before my bday, so here is a picture of a bunch of us at that splendid event (happy late anniversary yall, by the way) and then a picture of the two blushing brides and their sweet muffin niecey:





Last year (September 2007): we had just moved back to atlanta a few months earlier so we were getting back into the swing of things. some friends met us up at the standard for drinks and maybe a tater tot or two:



and then finally as a teaser, here is where it started this year: me and jes at the midway pub BEFORE they started to show the UGA vs. Alabama game:



i think what you will find across the years is this:

1. i have some hot friends

2. many of the same folks are showing up in the pictures over the years, which shows you that my friends are not only hot, but also close to my heart. shoot i am welling up in the eyes.

3. there is quite a bit of hairstyle changes (even for me!) and that in general i think the kids i hang with have some pretty good fashion

4. i think i have aged, what do you think (be honest it won't hurt my feelings- like cheese and wine i think age makes you better).

oh by the way, billy joel is playing "i'm squishing up my baby bumblebee" on the piano, in case you are wondering. again, great for a hangover.

3 comments:

kims said...

It was on my calendar and I still forgot:( Happy bday dt; we all love you. oxox, kdrf

p.s. i cannot tell if you look older bc of the self-portrait (they always make me look older), but you (like most of my friends) look damn good to me:)

Anonymous said...

It's weird, you say you look older and I think you look younger. Which all my wrinkles think is not fair. Maybe its the shorter hair. -kat

NAAS said...

i don't think you look older at all. it could be because i am distracted by the fact that i haven't been able to spend a birthday with you in person. :(