Monday, April 06, 2009

so about our new house FINALLY

yall,

it's been a month since we closed on this house, and let me tell you this:

1. i love it
2. it's a lot of work
3. we have done a lot
4. we have a lot more to do

so every weekend i say to myself "self this is the weekend you are going to blog about the new house" and then i painted something or collapsed on the couch or whatever. but here i am now, watching religulous, which is sort of hilarious so far.

so my hope is that i can do this before and after thing. it may take a few posts. and in reality, we are more in the middle than "after" but just humor me for now. let's get started.

here is our room "before":



and here is our room "after":





let me just interrupt myself and say that this movie is making me VERY NERVOUS. Bill Maher is so inappropriate, but hella funny. It might give me the hives.

Ok moving on. Here are some photos of the middle room which is the office. It comes in three stages: before, middle, and after. Here we go:









the middle room is the room that has made the most change. i mean we tore down the walls and then put some back up. glennda and nancy are coming this weekend so things are going to be pretty in order, so i will put up more pics after the weekend.

ok moving on to the "guest room" which is now known as "the pink room." check it out:





after thursday, we will have a bed in there so i will take pictures of it all done up. i think rather than overwhelm you with before and afters of the whole house i will stop there and then do another post about the rest of the house. let me tell you this though, last night we had katie and leah over for drinks and picture hanging. leah frames photos for a living and is an artist so she can just eyeball shit and hang it up. she is like a wizard! so we broke out the crown and ginger and got some pictures hung. i really did nothing but sit on the couch with katie and watch a show about women who didn't know they were pregnant and then had their babies in the toilet at work. totally bonkers. i unpacked our shoe box and found my high heels that i bought for julie and liv's wedding. i put them on with my jammies and paraded around the house. leah and katie almost fell over laughing. jes did this faux pin up pic of me:



ok let me get this up and then get to work on another post about the FRONT of the house. i am wondering, was this worth the wait?

4 comments:

grlzrok1 said...

Yes, yes, totally worth the wait! I love seeing the story unfold. I'm so impressed with the middle room. I can't believe you freakin' put up new walls. Can't wait to see it in person! xo Higgs p.s. Sweet shoes.

kat said...

Finally! Not that I don't love lookin at the twins. So excited about the house. we are in negotiations about visiting. I'll get back to you. Just a little disturbed about the shoes, though. Enjoy your new home!

Mary D said...

so worth the wait for the pin up shot alone! i'm so glad jes took that picture.

kims said...

yeah!!!! it looks fabulous and you are amazing. i am waiting for pics of donna on the scaffolding. . .ah, memories. i wish we were there to give back a little and share in the sweat and celebration. congrats!!!