Thursday, March 13, 2008

almost back with the living

yall

i have been down for the count for the last two days with the flu.
seriously i have been in the bed or on the couch for the last day and a half.
it came on pretty quick and i am hoping it leaves real quick too.

i started having pains in my chest on monday during work but was convinced by my boss that i pulled something working out at the gym on sunday afternoon. on monday night i went to the earl and saw hey willpower and MEN. emma met me there and we danced our asses off. i mean really i have not danced that hard in a long time and it felt great. at one point in my dancing frenzy i felt like i couldn't breathe, but i figured it was because the front of the earl allows smoking (the room with the performers was non-smoking). when i left (AFTER MIDNIGHT!) my lungs were really hurting but i blamed it all on the smokers (damn them).

at work on tuesday i started coughing and my throat started hurting and by 2pm i was hurtin for certain. i was home and in the bed by 3pm where i stayed for the rest of the night save for pee breaks and feed the kitty breaks. i woke up wednesday morning with a fever and i felt like all the blood had been drained out of my body. it seriously hurt my skin when my pj pants rubbed against it. i went to the doctor and he told me i have the flu. thanks dude, i already knew that. on my way home i stopped and got two bottles of juice, more robutussin, and a frozen pizza. i got home, got into my pjs and slept off and on for the next 15 hours.

i still felt crappy this morning and it was sort of getting me down. jes gets here tomorrow night and then on saturday morning i am supposed to go and meet my new nephew in colorado. i told myself i felt better and didn't have a fever i would go. and as of this morning i felt like ass and i had a fever. but then i had some pizza for lunch and took a glorious nap, woke up soaking wet with sweat (probably b/c it was 75 here today and i was wearing a bears hoodie and smart wool socks under a super warm blanket) and since then i am feeling a little bit better. i was able to do a little laundry and i got some work stuff done this afternoon too. so i am going to keep positive, keep drinking my juice, and taking my robutussin.

ok enough about this sickness stuff. on to happier things: mel and tanner's new baby. i got some pictures and here they are. first up, baby julian:



and baby boy with mama mel:



and finally the whole lovely family:



pretty cute, huh?

so that is that, now you have seen pics of all three spring babies in my life: zach, molly and julian. stay tuned for more as they grow and change.

2 comments:

kims said...

hope you feel better soon, donna, and make it to enjoy time with jes and your new baby (and old baby ) nephews:)

Anonymous said...

oy. feel better. the flu is a hot mess but waking up in a pool of your own sweat has got to help fo shiz.