Monday, November 16, 2009

some bad news

this is my 201st post for this blog and i wish i could start it better than i have to.
last week after 19 years of an amazing life, we put our sweet boy larry kitty down.
his health had been deteriorating pretty quickly over the last six months and he weighed a little over four pounds.

it was a very rough decision for jes and me and we really went back and forth about it. i know he is in a more calm place now but i also know that he was loved like no other cat. it's hardest most when we are home. strange how such a little skinny old man cat can take up so much space in our house.

horace has really stepped it up and is becoming a total lover. he even lays in the bed with us at night, by our feet (not up near my chest where i want him), but maybe after time...

anywho, i just wanted to post a few pics of my sweet boy and let my friends and family know he is in the kitty condo in the sky with sweet emily.

Rest in Peace Larrykitty.





5 comments:

erinrae said...

Our animal friends leave us too soon. Hope you find peace.
Love, Erin

Katie said...

Larry, we hardly knew ye... So sorry for you and Jes. Purr on Larry!

kims said...

Beautiful pics. . . beautiful boy. I am so sorry for your loss, but you were awesome mamas.

Nicole said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. He was such a lovely kitty boy...and so loved and adored by all. I bet he's loving being able to snuggle again with Emily. Hope they're having fun together. All my love to you, jes and horace.

Unknown said...

very great !