Sunday, December 06, 2009

exciting november

While the month of November started out sort of sad, it got a lot better.
We headed to San Francisco to begin the celebration of Jes's 30th birthday.
While there we walked on the beach with the dogs, went to the hill with the dogs and ate more food than you can shake a stick at. The food highlight for me was the chicken pot pie at Liberty Cafe. It is unholy how good it was. My goal is to find a recipe that tries to come close.

Here is a picture of the beach where we walk the dogs. I can't tell you how at home I feel near the water. I could seriously sit and look at the waves all day. It is so relaxing to me.



We also went to Davis one day so Jes could see how California does a "college town." It was a sunny brisk day and we walked all over campus and the beltway and then stopped and got lunch. Here is the crew as we embark on our walk:



We also spent some quality time just laying around, playing bananagrams and eating various delicious desserts that Mary made. I think my favorite was the sweet potato cake with a sweet glaze. Good shit yall. Here are some lounging with Davis puppy pics:





We also got to visit a few friends other than Mary and Dusty. Jes got to see her old roomie Drew. We walked around the Mission with him, bought some papel picado banners for Jes's bday party and he and Jes got some "secret breakfast" (read: bourbon and cornflakes) ice cream. It actually tasted real good but was way too creamy for my stomach. On Sunday we got brunch with Nifa, her wife Maya and their babygirl Zuri. This was my first time meeting Maya and Zuri and seeing Nifa's house in Oakland Hills. It was a really lovely time. Here is a picture of the gorgeous family in front of their house:



I sang a lot to Zuri and I think she liked it.

On our last night in San Francisco, we had a beautiful and delicious dinner made by Mary and hung out and then I think I might have taken a disco nap. We took a red eye from SF back to Atlanta and then I slept for hours when we got home. Not a big fan of the red eye overall.

I had to work late on Jes's actual bday (November 17th) so we just went to El Myr with Nikki for a burrito and a pitcher of beer. It was kind of perfect really. Then that weekend we had a little get together to really celebrate her bday. It was just how I wanted it: good food and good friends. We got some dips from Taqueria del Sol, some ice cream cakes from Dairy Queen and we made a big pot of three bean chili. We also had a tiny keg of Miller Lite which I visited too many times. Thank heavens for Tylenol and water if you know what I mean.

So here are a few photos from the party. First up, Kim and Sarah looking cute like they do:



Then Nikki and Leah who ALSO turned thirty just recently:



And here is one of me and Jes after the party ended, tired as hell:



I am embarrassed to report that it ended just about midnight.

Tonight I am going to see The Christmas Carol at the Alliance Theater with my friend Angie. Jes is in Boston for a Lawyer conference.

Hope your December is shaping up nicely!

1 comment:

Katie said...

your posts make me hungry!