Wednesday, January 17, 2007

a few more colorado pictures

so ben and i got to spend a lot of quality time together while i was in colorado.

we watched the bears (WIN) together. i kept yelling "throw it rex, throw it!" and he would repeat what i said (so i had to watch the curse words).

we went swimming with kath and greg at the local indoor swimming complex. i went down this water slide FAST, we sat on the bubble bench, floated down the "lazy river," but mostly we walked around like alligators in the water (on our hands). this was fun and it kept us underwater and therefore warm.

we also went shopping with greg for kath's present. what was hilarious was as soon as we got home from the mall, ben waltzed right into kath's bedroom and told her that we had just purchased chocolates and a yoga mat for her. as soon as she realized what he was doing she started to yell "la la la i am not listening, stop telling me what daddy bought me for my birthday." i think he told her b/c he wanted to "share" the chocolates with her and b/c he wanted her to open the yoga mat so he could try it out.

here are some pictures of me and ben stretching:



and here is a further away photo us. it also includes myles (orange kitty) who is about to pounce on sammy (grey and white kitty):



he also liked to sit near me or on my lap when i was on my laptop. here is a cute photo of him "helping me" send out an email:



some other cute things he did:

1. kath said she was "curious" about something and then a few minutes later ben was like "mommy you are just like curious george"

2. when ben and i played hockey in the foyer (with protective eyewear of course) when we had to stop he said "game off" and when we started playing again, he said "game on"- just like wayne and garth in "wayne's world."

3. whenever i was putting on or taking off ben's shoes, he would rub the top of my head like i was a kitty.

ok it's late, that is all for now. more later

4 comments:

kims said...

he is too big and y'all are too cute. in your laptop pic, you look freakishly like me (thankfully, your teeth are whiter -- oh damn the demon coffee)

Anonymous said...

How is that child so big? Great pictures!! Looked y'all had fun together.

elin

Anonymous said...

I don't think the fact that the Bears managed--thanks only to baby Jesus--to win the game has a damn thing to do with your story. I think that part should be deleted. It's distracting, and it definitely detracts from an otherwise lovely update.

Anonymous said...

My follow-up post still hasn't shown up, and I can't go to bed without trying again even if I'm repeating myself. My comment about the Bears (and the mock dogging of your post) was a very silly allusion to our big rivalry this weekend. It actually had nothing to do with the post itself (which is awesome--and those pics of Ben resting on you are worth a gazillion blog entries). I should've just e-mailed you with my teasing about football and kept my blog comments on point. I apologize to other readers who thought I was being a complete ass to Donna.