Sunday, January 06, 2008

flying solo

good morning yall:

well i made it through my first night without jes.
the cats only woke me up twice: 2:30am & 5:30am
and now emily is laying next to me, larry is on a chair in the dining room, and horace is running around the house playing "crazy cat" (up and down the stairs, across the back of the couch, through the living room and then back up the stairs).

it has been a pretty slow weekend. i took jes to the airport with her two huge bags and two carry ons and she got on her plane to brooklyn around 3pm. she is finishing her last semester of law school back at brooklyn law school. after i dropped her off i went and got some more heart pills for larry and then hung out with my friend angie's cat lois. i spent the night on the couch with the cats, chillaxin and watching "nanny diaries." it was surprisingly more critical than i thought it would be. and scarlett johansson and alicia keyes are not bad to look at AND the little boy was super cute, so it was pretty good overall.

today i have a bunch of errands to run: recycle, work out, hang with lois, and meet someone at thumbs up to talk about getting in the ILA, the department i got my ph.d. from and then tonight is the L Work Premiere! I get to watch it with Kim and Sarah and Ruthie, while Jes watches it with Kim and Glennda and Bambino. And then after that (yeah right!) I am going to try and video conference with supper club (including jes in brooklyn) to discuss how heinous the premiere was.

It looks like the sun is completely up, so I should get my day started. I hope your Sunday is outstanding!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i am missing you babe.

kims said...

I am thinking of you. . . oxox, kim

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you both...hope the next few months fly by for you two.