Sunday, January 27, 2008

jes visit #1

ok yall

jes just left on a jet airplane back to crooklyn
we had a great time and got to hang out with a lot of folks
we got to play some dominoes with sarah and kim and i think sarah won every game. here is the result of one of the games:



and here is a look at the smokin hot players:



we also got to meet up with angie and elin at this bowling alley outside the perimeter for elin's bday. it was huge and fancy and played amazing videos from the 80's on screens right above the bowling pins. I saw criss cross and lionel richie, and most important, michael jackson's "beat it."

last night we had dinner with jes's folks at taqueria del sol and jes ate herself just short of uncomfortable with all the chips and dips and this morning we got breakfast at ria's. what was really great is we got to see our friend mel, who was in a real bad accident several months ago and really should have died. he was spunky as ever and i am excited because we made plans for me to bring some food over every once in a while. i think i am going to start with italian wedding soup. simple, but delicious.

i also am ready to post pictures of our tattoos. i really wanted to get a picture of mine and then juxtapose that with jes's. the image is of a little blue ghost, his name is mr. fangs and he is a tag (graffiti) that you can find in a lot of the neighborhoods we hang out in here in atlanta. i love him and he makes me happy so we decided to get him for our six year anniversary. jes also got a little chicken leg on hers b/c that stands for how delish southern food is. mine totally looks like crap and is scarred, jes's looks great and is solid. you judge for yourself:

here is mine:



and here is jes's:



and here is one of them together:



i think when she comes into town next time we will go and talk to the tattoo place and see what they can do for me. all i know is i don't want the same guy touching it up.

so that is that for my weekend. its just me and the cats now. em has finally descended to the first floor from her blue blanket heaven upstairs, and the boys are meowing at me for food.

here is a pic of me and jes from right before we left for the airport. i miss her already:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i think you meant kris kross? maybe you are just getting them confused with criss angel. perhaps?

i miss you.

erinrae said...

I love the tatoos, so clever. When I read Jes got a "chicken leg" I was picturing an actual leg with scaly skin and three toes and I thought "How strange... that reminds me more of scary Chinese food." Then I saw that it was a delicious fried chicken leg and it made more sense.