Sunday, February 01, 2009

higgins vist

So far this has been a stellar weekend, and I feel like it is only going to get better.
On Friday night after work, Jes and I met up with Higgins and had drinks and dinner at U Joint. Jes caught Higgins up on all the trashy television we watch: Rock of Love, Double Shot at Love, and the L Word. I am certain she must think less of us, but that's ok, we love the trash.

Saturday morning we got up and go to doing some errands. It was sunny and warm (in the 50's) and I was immediately in a good mood. I also got to go to TWO of my favorite places: target and the post office. Who can complain? We met up with Sarah, Kim, the boys, and Kir and Higgs for lunch at Mellow Mushroom. It felt so good to just have some of the gang together AND not only were we celebrating Higgs visit, we were also celebrating Nolan and Becker's first social outing (i.e. lunch with us). Look at them, they are overwhelmed with glee. First Becker:




and here is Nolan, also estatic:




We all had delicious sammies, except Higgins who had a delicious spinach salad with tofu of course. As an appetizer, we got these garlic cheese pretzel things. The gang loved them. On our way out, I tried to capture a few pictures of everyone on a lovely Saturday afternoon. Here are a few pics:






Can you tell what is different? It's like one of those "Goofus and Galant" things from the "Highlights" magazines we used to read as kids.

Anywho after lunch, Higgs and Kir came back to our house (we carpooled) and we all chatted for a minute in the parking lot where it was warm and sunny. Then they went on their way to Zesto for ice cream and then on to a walk I think. Higgs departed today (oh bother) but I think we convinced her to try and return in the summer with her hubby Bobby. Here we are before they leave:




After that Jes and I ran a few more errands and then met up with Emma and John for a hot minute at Joe's coffee house in East Atlanta. Emma asked Jes and me to be in this feature of GO! Magazine where they talk about lesbo couples who have been together for a long time. They needed a picture of us, so Jes asked Emma to do an impromptu photo shoot. Overall, it was pretty painful b/c I have double chins and hate how I look in most pictures, but it was fun nonetheless. Here is the winning shot:



when we got home we wrote a little ditty to go in the mag and sent it off. then we made dinner (it was not that good) and watched "vicky christina barcelona" also not great even though there were all kinds of beautiful people in it.

today we are going to superbowl it up with softball folks and then off to sarah and kim's for more superbowl and the hell word (read: L word). Keep your fingers crossed that Jenny actually dies today and Max finds a razor and shaves his ridiculous beard.

Oh, here are two pics that John and Emma think could be our album cover should Jes and I ever start a band:





Happy Sunday and Go Steelers!

2 comments:

kims said...

OMG. . . you are two lovely, long-time loving lebos (I think I'll use this whenever I teach alliteration). Gorgeous: the light, the single chin, your effervescent happiness. Miss you:)

Anonymous said...

Could those babies be any cuter? I love their names! Oh yeah, you and jes aren't too bad either. Glad to see Kim looking bright-eyed and bushy tailed (or as much as she could be with twins at home)-kat